I’ve been watching some Office episodes the past few days and it had me wondering what episodes were the best of the best. The Office is by far one of the best shows on T.V., of course not including the post-Michael Scott era which clearly isn’t the same. A little part of me died inside on Michael Scott’s last episode, but I have to be honest, the episodes since he left have surpassed my expectations. With all that said, here is my top 5:
5. Scott’s Tots- Hey Mr. Scott, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do make our dreams come true. This episode sums up Michael in a nutshell. Basically he offers a class of third graders that if they graduate high school he would pay for their college. They come up with a song and dance for him and he has to tell them that he has no money but offers them laptop batteries instead. The only promise funnier/more empty than Michael Scott’s is every promise out of Obama’s mouth. Also, Dwight’s impersonations of Kevin, Toby and Stanley at the end of the episode are spot on and hilarious.
P.S. that clip says it all
4. Dwight’s Speech- This is possibly my favorite episode, just because after watching his speech for the first time I think I laughed for 20 minutes straight. Just the whole sequence when Dwight gets to the conference and him having a panic attack in his seat when they call him on stage is great. How anyone sat in that auditorium filming that without dying laughing is beyond me.
3. Goodbye, Toby- The feud between Toby and Michael is one of the best parts of the show. Probably the best feud in TV history. I think the best part of this whole episode might be when Dwight convinces Holly that Kevin is mentally challenged. The scene where he is trying to figure out what snack to get and empties his pocket trying to count his change makes me die, and kind of reminds me of myself at work sometimes. I will probably at some point in my life give a gift like the one Michael gives to Toby too, a giant rock with a note that says suck on this on it. Kind of like what the Orlando Magic got from the Sixers and Lakers.”Of all the idiots, in all the idiot villages, in all the idiot worlds..you stand alone my friend”.
2. Product Recall- How can anyone forget that little duck having sex with the mouse? At least it was consensual. This episode is probably Creed’s finest episode as well.”Every week I’m supposed to do a quality check in the paper mill and of course the one year I blow it off, this happens”. Michael probably drops his best line also telling the client who comes in for the press conference to call the ungrateful biotch hotline. Plus the apology video, I tried to find a link for it but theres no good ones. Too much going on in this episode to recall all of it but its 22 minutes of the opposite of Sandusky.
1. Conflict Resolution- This episode is the best just because of the scene where Jim goes through all his pranks on Dwight. It is just 3 minutes straight of laughing hysterically. My favorite is Dwight finding a bloody glove in his desk and says Jim tried to convince him he committed murder.The rest of the episode is priceless also. Dwight’s I.D on the huge laminate that said security threat. “Someone complained that the bathroom is white’s only…Stanley you know this isn’t true”. Just too many good parts in this episode which gives it the glory of number 1.